City of Georgetown
- Located approximately 25 miles north of Austin along IH 35. Only 20 minutes from Downtown Austin’s entertainment district.
- Has an approximate population of 60,000 residents.
- One of the lowest tax rates in Williamson County.
- Recognized as the “Most Beautiful Town Square in Texas”.
- 472 acres of developed public parks and 8.2 miles of hike and bike trails.
- Home to Lake Georgetown and is within 25 miles of the Highland Lakes (Lake Travis, Lake Buchannan, Inks Lake, Lake LBJ, Lake Marble Falls, and Lake Austin)
- The acclaimed Georgetown Independent School District serves just over 10,500 students with ten elementary schools, three middle schools and three high schools.
The Georgetown Police Department
- We are a Civil Service organization.
- We have a staff of 122 personnel including 80 sworn officers and a volunteer force of over 150 Volunteers in Policing (VIPS).
- We moved into a brand new 76,000 square feet Public Safety Operations Training Center (PSOTC) in February 2015.
- The facility has a state of the art gym with weight training equipment and cardio equipment, a padded defensive tactics room and a separate cross training gym.
- A separate 18,000 square foot tactical building with the capabilities to move walls around in order to create almost unlimited configurations to provide officers a challenging training experience.
- The tactical building has catwalks were officers in training can have a “bird’s eye view” of the training scenarios happening below them.
- A slow speed driving track and skid pad.
- Spacious men and women’s locker rooms with private showers.
- A 14,000 square foot garage bay with vehicle lift for vehicle searches and evidence processing.
- Three training classrooms with state of the art audio and visual equipment. The walls can be recessed to create a grand hall.